Thursday, May 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Mason!

Wow! Time flies when you're changing poopy diapers having fun. Here's a little flashback from one year ago today...

2 days old

Yesterday Mason started a bit of a fever. This is on top of getting three more teeth (to add to his two bottom teeth) and having the sniffles for the past few days. This morning he was still hot, but I decided that he was well enough to go to daycare. I should have looked at this picture I took this morning a little harder.

uh... I don't feel so good

I brought him to Debbie who had decorated her house for his birthday.

fun balloons at debbie's

Ella and Riley were also there to help celebrate.

ella and riley

Debbie had even gotten Mason some presents and made him cupcakes.

birthday presents

Mason ended up getting too hot so Debbie called Jeni at work. Jeni picked Mason up early and brought him home to rest. He had some Tylenol and by 5 his fever had gone down.

feeling better

So we went ahead with our plan to take Mason to Ella's Deli (no relation to Ella at daycare) for dinner. Ella's Deli is famous for having deli sandwiches, ice cream, and scores of animated displays. We had a lot of fun looking at them all.

what's that?

this restaurant has lots of fun stuff

hi Mama, I'm 1!

having fun on my 1st birthday

so big on my first birthday

Mason was able to concentrate enough to have dinner, and then we ordered a big banana split so that he could have his first ice cream.

hmm...can I eat that?

first ice cream

I think he liked it!

We're off tomorrow for birthday parties with the family, and then next week we'll be house hunting in Champaign-Urbana. (In case you haven't heard, I'll be working at the University of Illinois starting this summer.) We won't have a chance to add more pictures for a while.

Thanks for sticking with this blog through Mason's first year. It's been a lot of fun to do, and we've liked being able to share Mason with you. He's a great little boy and Jeni and I feel very lucky to have him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Happy Birthday Mason! We are glad you have this blog so we can see how big he is getting. Good luck with the house hunting. I am sure the market is more affordable than where Matt is looking for jobs.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Mason! I have LOVED looking at the blog to catch up on the most recent Mason-happenings. Thanks to you for putting up the pics - he's still quite cute! Big hugs to the three of you!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home